Friday, February 16, 2007

Transcending Pain, a Friendship Fed on Imagination
- NY Times review of "Bridge to Terabthia" 02/16/07
"Consistently smart and delicate as a spider web, “Bridge to Terabithia” is the kind of children’s movie rarely seen nowadays. And at a time when many public schools are being forced to cut music and art from the curriculum, the story’s insistence on the healing power of a nurtured imagination is both welcome and essential ... (more)

Okay, so maybe I spoke too soon. Not that the kids are old enough to see this ... but maybe I am. Whew.

It's hard to share why this book was so important to me when I first read it in 5th grade without giving away the ending. What I will say (SPOILER WARNING) is that it was my first truly emotional connection with death. Which makes me feel awful, because my grandmother had died a year or two earlier, and I had little or no connection to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pengo said...

You have a great day, too, Emmie. Unfortunately, I don't see what your company has to do with this blog. If you created any "sorry your child died" greeting cards, then we'd be in business.

Anonymous said...

You know, I was going to say that. I just didn't get around to it.