Thursday, July 07, 2005

This Is London.

From my sister-in-law Brenda ...

Dear Everyone,

I just wanted to let every one that Lydia and I are still in London and we are fine. We are scheduled to fly to Germany tomorrow evening to join Henrik for training.

We live in South West London, so we are quite a ways out of London. So, we are safe.

I was out shopping at a local shopping mall picking the last few things that we needed before going to Germany. I was on a bus when it happened and Henrik texted me wanting to see how I was. I first heard from him in Germany about it. He made me promise to take a taxi home. By the time I was ready to go there were almost no busses even running and no taxis available so I have just walked the mile or so home. I am very glad that it waited to rain until I got home.

I hope that this has settled your minds.

Love and Prayers,
Brenda Jean

4 comments:

justinian said...

What an awful thing to wake up to this morning. I'm happy to hear that your family are all safe and sound.

Also, hats off to the Brits, who've seemingly done an incredible job, without panick, in the face of this disgusting attack on them.

Catherine said...

I remember the fear of not knowing whether loved ones were alive or dead on September 11th. I'm so glad your family is safe.

pengo said...

Safe ... but delayed. They were to depart today and found Brenda's passport had expired. She and my niece must wait until Monday before getting a new one and reuniting with my brother in Germany.

I feel most bad for him. If I were in his place I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Anonymous said...

Yeah,sleep was tough. The delay. The fact that after 07/07 my wife abd child were in a) the US embassy, b) Heathrow airport and c) an airplane. I'm sleeping better now that they are here and safe, thank God.