Sunday, January 29, 2006

My kind of town.

Recently received my contract to perform at the 15th Annual Perinatal Bereavement Conference on Friday, October 13 at 8 PM. I have been looking forward to this since I found out there even was such a thing. In fact, it was shortly before the first reading (August, 2002) that I found this event - it's biennial - and I was, like, aw man, they need my show! But as it was only a few months before it was going off, it was pointless to even contact them ... though i think I did, anyway.

When it would have made sense to try and connect with them, in time for the 2004 conference, I was too wrapped up in Fringe appearances (both of them, actually) that I just forgot. When I found out it was going to be in Vegas, I think I was relieved I blew it.

But Chicago? Hey, as I have stated far too many times for it to remaining amusing, Chicago I my favorite city I have ever lived in that I have never actually lived in. I spent so many odd long weekends in the early 90s visiting friends there (and attending as many performances of Too Much Light ... as I could) that I still don't know why I didn't just dump everything and move there.

Not that we'll see much of the place during the conference - Toni and I plan on doing the conference in the small amount of time we'll be there. I don't have many details yet on what will be covered, but I'll provide them here when I receive them.

No comments: