Saturday, April 23, 2005

What's On David's iPod?
Lifetime Piling Up
Talking Heads
Sand In The Vaseline
(This Tower's leaning over ...)

Finished Mary Doria Russell's A Thread of Grace last night. After all the frustrations of trying to get The Sparrow turned into a movie (apparently they have Brad Pitt on tap to play Emilio Sandoz - go figure) I am wonderiong whether or not it amused Ms. Russell to write a book Hollywood would never make into a movie. You'll have to read it to understand what I mean.

I have bad news. It's not my bad news, in so much as it isn't something that has happened to me. It's just news, about people I am close to, and it's bad. And I am afraid that's all I can say about that.

Meanwhile, I see more dead children. I was visiting a school on Thursday and was introduced to a man whose son had a first birthday on the 19th. Neither of us had much time to talk, except to exchange numbers and make a promise to talk. He wants to know more about IHT. And he works for the Red Cross. Might be a performance in that. And, of course, a new little dead person in my life.

Today Daddy is nesting. Limping around on my bad heel, taking advantage of this miserable day (due to rain and bad news) sweeping floors long unswept, mopping flors long unmopped, brushing cat hair off of everything. The Fish is due on Mother's Day. But it could be any time now.

No comments: