Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Summer Bummer

Lost Summer
Thirteen years after "My Summer Story" was filmed here and forgotten, one of the movie's extras rediscovers a so-so sequel in the shadow of its famous forerunner.
Cleveland Magazine, June 2006

photo from Flick Lives.com

If you get the chance, check out this piece in CleveMag I wrote about the sequel to A Christmas Story. Let me know if it sucks. While I appreciate they had to cut a lot out of it, of everything I have written for the magazine, this one is the first edited by someone who doesn't think I write very clearly. There's an awful lot of "my voice" (as they say) which has been flattened out or oversimplified.

That, and they cut out the bit about Grodin's hairpiece.

I should be used to this by now, especially as I insist on turning everything in a week late and five hundred words over. But please, I am an artist (cue fart noise.)

8 comments:

justinian said...

You must be signed in to see this article.

pengo said...

Then buy a copy of the magazine, you cheap bastard.

laura said...

do they have it at the library?

pengo said...

They most probably do.

laura said...

oh, that's nice. i don't go there or anything, 'cause libraries are for losers. i just thought i'd ask.

laura said...

yeah, so, what kind of game are you running, hansen? the new issue is not out on shelves, at least not at the brecksville heinen's where i attempted to actually buy a copy tonight on my way home - only about a million copies of the may issue. i'm beginning to wonder if you actually wrote anything. or if there even is a new issue of cleveland magazine.

pengo said...

You've gotten awfully tense about this, Laura. I think Justin needs to "spray the baby's head."

laura said...

ewwww - remind me not to ask you to babysit.