Thursday, May 05, 2005

Busted

My first set of X-rays did not reveal any broken bones - because I had a microscopin compression fracture of my heel. X-rays yesterday revealed them - this is bad because it means, yes, I broke my heel, but good because the X-ray showed that's all it was, nothing any more serious, and displayed how well my heel has already begun to heal (hey - a homonym.)

None of this has improved my mood. The doctor said I should not resume training for six weeks. I asked whether he meant six weeks from the impact, or six weeks from now.

He said, "Yes."

So I have no less than three more weeks without running. I will miss two races this month. This just totally BLOWS - it's not enough that I am challenging myself to run a fricking marathon, as if that weren't a steep enough hill for someone like me, but no, I have to give myself an injury (don't ask please, please God do not ask how) and doubt whether or not I can bring myself back up to speed without re-injuring myself.

2 comments:

justinian said...

How? I'm not exactly God, but I do have the body of one, namely Buddha.

Anyhow, feel better.

pengo said...

No, no, no. I'm not telling. Not until the proofs come out.