Monday, January 29, 2007

"The I Hate This Show"

So for a few months now Dave at WCPN and I have been going back and forth about having I HATE THIS (the radio drama, of course) aired on WBEZ In Chicago, home to such noteworthy NPR programs like This American Life and Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me ... WCPN had submitted it to the Third Coast International Audio Festival at WBEZ, for which it did not win, but it attracted the attention of the folks at Re: sound a program which, if I am to understand it correctly, rebroadcasts programs from other NPR stations.

We were negotiating the fine points of the contract, and looking forward to finding out the broadcast date - which I was going to post here and send via email to my friends in Chicago so they could hear it.

It aired last Saturday. So, as Dave put it, oops.

You can listen to the online version of the Re: sound broadcast here.

I wonder if Ira despised it.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

wow! congratulations...even if people weren't notified and didn't get to listen. lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure people in Chicago knew it was going out. Just not you or anyone you know, except by coincidence. Hmmm. Not making that any better.

By the way, let's get this straight. Ira doesn't despise you. He doesn't even despise radio drama. He "personally despises" radio drama.

Gotta love that.