Friday, March 24, 2006

Crikey!

UPDATE 5.05pm GMT - Now with photos!

photo: Claire and I, figuring out the tech ...

Just a word (no time) - went over tech this morning with Claire, she's lovely, and so is her six year-old boy Edward ... there will be pictures eventually. Hated to swamp her with all the cues in one day, but she's obviously going to do a great job. Still and all - Kelly, I miss you!

Actually, the real reason we're really missing Kelly right now is that jet-lag has kicked in hideously and I was up until past two with a screaming Orson, but now I am really digressing.

photo: The charming Edward.

Reservations are up to 28 ... 30 is a sell-out, no kidding, we may be SRO. Lots of people important to the WBS are coming, there is a continegncy from SANDS driving ninety minutes from Southampton ... oh, and Kritsen? None of your peeps have made reservations, Claire says she knows everyone who is coming. Hmn. Could be quite a crowd in a tiny room.

Anyway, anyway, the words ...

(Wait for it ...)

WHO KNEW GERBER BABY FOOD DOESN'T EXIST IN ENGLAND?

It's the big laugh of the show, the big release, and everyone on this little island had Heinz as children (Heinz baby food? Does it all taste like ketchup?) Still working on what to say instead, it won't be the same. Suggestions?

And Toni dissuaded me from changing up any of the words - they know what fries are, for goodness sake. But apparently not Popsicles (a registered trademark, don't you know.) So I either say ice lollies, or get a blank stare. Hmn. Hmn again. What else am I missing, I don't use the word pants, do I?

Gotta run. Still don't know how the slides are going to be projected, and the CD player skips. Brenda has generously offered to read the slides, which worked fine on radio (and my first public read-through) but gives me the hives just thinking about it. I didn't want this perf to be so odd.

Really gotta run, Henrik's made cheese on toast. Cheers.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Break a leg!

pengo said...

Thank you! I've been getting all the commenst, folks, thanks so much for the support, I am getting really antsy and must go for a walk in the park.

Anonymous said...

I told David I would provide logistical support. More to the point, I told him I'd work out the power point. Today, a mere five hours before time, I've cracked it. We've got a proper cord from the laptop to the monitor. I was anxious about being the weak link. Now I know there won't be one, I can settle down and enjoy the performance. More updates, from the scene, as they develope. (I've told David how odd it is to go online to find out how this visit is going. Wecome to my world...)

Anonymous said...

I hope David doesn't mind my beating him to the punch, but, on the other hand, he wouldn't necessarily say this. He rocked the house tonight. I can't tell you how proud I am of my brother and how glad I am that he does this play. It was a gift to me to see it. One of the audience members said he "left no stone unturned" as he expressed his experience of grief and loss. It was a tremendous evening and Brenda, Lydia Joanna and I were honored to be there.