Sunday, July 09, 2006

Blog Jump

Okay, here goes. I have been keeping another blog. A running blog.

Part of training for a marathon is letting everyone know you plan on running one. I would have preferred to keep the other blog secret, mostly because I may or may not have to disclose certain intimate physical details (don't read it if you don't want to hear about big, ugly plantar warts) but I could use the encouragement. This morning was extremely troubling. So I'm putting it out there.

This is a photo of my cousin J.T. (actually my cousin's son J.T., but they're all cousins to me) running the NYC Marathon in 2004. When I turned 35 in 2003, I made a public announcement that I would go 26.2 miles some time before I turned 40, but seeing pictures of J.T. in New York clinched it for me.

J.T. is a strong, young man. I am a goof with an iPod. But it's something I have to attempt. Er, you're not supposed to say attempt - It's something I have to do.

As long as I don't completely damage my legs before I get there.

3 comments:

justinian said...

Good luck!

When it all pans out, maybe you'll be ready to run another next May, here in Cleveland, with me!?!

pengo said...

Sure! As long as I'm dreaming, why not?

laura said...

the mental image of the two of you running side by side is sort of odd...

but good for you! go get'em, tiger!