Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Cleveland, America!

An exhibit of 120 platinum portraits of odd, interesting and unusual characters living in Greater Cleveland by Herbert Ascherman, Jr.

Western Reserve Historical Society
July 8, 2006 - May 31, 2007


On a summer morning last year I was called to Herb's studio to have my portrait taken as Mr. Shakespeare on behalf of Great Lakes. They had been nominated for (and would win) an award in Northen Ohio Live last fall, and one of the studio shots ended up on the cover.

Herb has been taking pictures of interesting Clevelanders for two years. He asked me to walk out onto Coventry for a few snaps, and what you see here is what will be on display through next Memorial Day. Not sure if I can make the opening reception. If I do, I will be wearing pants.

2 comments:

laura said...

my, but you've gotten a lot of mileage out of those bloomers (or jodphurs or whatever the correct term for those poofy pants is).

lorem ipsum said...

I love, love, love that picture. Congratulations on being notable in yet another way.