Friday, March 02, 2007

Secret Club

Hey, weird, I'm in someone else's book.

You'll have to forgive me, I really have tried to keep a comprehensive database on everyone I've spoken with about this show, but I don't remember speaking to Ms. Seftel for her book, Grief Unseen: Healing Pregnancy Loss Through the Arts. Not that she needed to speak with me, what she has gleaned from the production, she could have learned anywhere online, or through the radio drama. Still, an email would have been appreciated.

This link will take you directly to a preview page (p. 89). Notice the reference to Infertility:The Musical right below it. Both shows were at the 2004 NY Fringe.

I can use the Internet, too, however. And it wasn't long before I realized I have heard of Laura Seftel before, once, on NPR. Coping with her own miscarriage in the early 90s, she has created The Secret Club Project, "an international project featuring more than 40 artists exploring miscarriage and other pregnancy-related losses, including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, and stillbirth."

I think I'm going to get a copy of the book. I encourage you to check out their website. It's amazing the things you can discover on a boring Friday evening when you are Googling your own name.


(Pesky copyright violations ...)

No comments: