Friday, May 25, 2007

Just another Friday morning at UH



So I'm sitting in a waiting room as a nurse goes off to find out where I am supposed to be. My appointment was scheduled for that moment, but the office I had arrived at was dark with a sign clearly reading Open - 8:30 AM.

I had called yesterday to double-check the site - it had changed twice in the last two weeks. I check "outgoing calls" on my cellphone, and hit speed-dial for the number I had used yesterday afternoon.

VOICE: Yeah?

DAVID: Yeah, I have a 7:30 appointment with Dr. Seftel for a vasectomy, can you tell me where I am supposed to be?

VOICE: (pause) This is a restaurant.

I had phoned Tommy's.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see, that wouldn't happen in England. No way would you find a restaurant that was open at 7:30 AM.

Catherine said...

LOL! OMG...I hope they don't have caller ID or you'll never be able to order from there again.

Brian said...

I think "Vasectomy" is the name of one of their meat pies anyway.

So, um, congratulations? Condolences? Welcome to life after birth control. Hope you're enjoying your weekend with your new best friend, the bag of frozen peas.

pengo said...

Heh heh. You said, "meat pies."

My favorite salutation has been, "Welcome to the Seedless Grape Club!"

Yes, I love my peas. They are now, however, mushy.

niobe said...

I am so not commenting.

Anonymous said...

Um, sure you are. Right? I mean, you just did.

laura said...

at least if you had it done at tommy's, you could get a chocolate peanut butter shake after.

justinian said...

Holy shit, I just spit my coffee all over my work station.

Thanks for the chuckle.