Friday, April 14, 2006

Big Shoulders

I don't believe I have ever driven in Chicago at night before last night - it's pretty stunning. Entering New York City by car is like sneaking in from underneath, coming to Chicago (is it all too sexual? excuse me, I just woke up) is like flying down in your own plane. Suddenly, there it is, and it's pretty big. Great skyline.

The kids were super, Toni dug the mix tape (I'll get that up eventually) and we got here in just enough time to use the pool. We are staying in the Chicago City Center Holiday Inn - Toni got a $99 a night rate, which is incredible, this place is fabulous. The staff is fabulous, the room is fabulous, fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.

I gotta go, Toni heads off to an interview soon, and I will be alone with the kids in a strange city for most of the day. Gotta make plans.

2 comments:

laura said...

a good friday interview in chicago? who'da thunk. enjoy your day. and i wish toni well - as long as it's an interview that will lead to doing something that means you all stay here! no, really, i do wish her well.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! I hear it's a toddlin' town.