Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Smell of The Wild

That's a big two-thumbs-down from Lady Z. on Disney's latest animated slugfest, The Wild. Excuse me, when exactly did all Disney films become so f***ing violent? Loud and scary. Even the "funny" bits, too loud, fast and aggressive. I didn't like it, Zelda really didn't like it, the movie has been target marketed for a some specific seven year-old white boy in Kansas with major ADD.

Speaking of scary, one of my fellow performers in NB, Theresa, has been doing her homework where I have not. We share a scene together as husband and wife with a missing child. Usually I do my own research, but I'd been avoiding that topic, hoping, without thinking too hard about it I suppose, that it would play itself.

She found these two very helpful and upsetting sites: Nevada Child Seekers and Team H.O.P.E. I think I got a few paragraphs into the Team H.O.P.E. materials, began projecting, and handed them back saying quietly, "Thank you, I can't take any more of these." I have just fueled my nightmares for the next seventeen years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many cgi buddy animal movies out or due soon I can't tell them apart. Fortunately, Lydia's old enough for Spiderman and Batman Begins, so it's all academic for me anyway. Speaking of family fare Doctor Who faced off against a werewolf, Kung Fu monks and Queen Victoria tonight. The series isn't as brilliant as last year, yet, but it's still a blast.