Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Subtle Changes

Rehearsals began this evening for Sarah Morton's latest work, Night Bloomers, opening May 12 - a Dobama Theater production presented at the Cleveland Play House.

It is a very exciting company. The only cast member I have worked with before is Nick, and some I met for the first time tonight. They will be teaching me ballroom dancing for the show, better late than never. I am playing four, sharply drawn characters. It is going to be a challenge and I am looking forward to it. Been doing a lot of acting these past two years, so much more than in previous years. It feels good.

Sarah gave us some revisions tonight. There are subtle alterations in the dialogue provided to one of my characters, I won't say what they are, but they leapt out at me. I appreciated them. Does that make sense? They meant a lot to me. Sorry I can't be specific, I really shouldn't - and won't be - writing about rehearsal. You'll just have to come see it. It's going to be a stunning production.

No comments: